Yes, it has been a long time since posting one of these. No, I have not had time to browse through my Reader in recent weeks to find material to put in one. I hope that today though, you will find interesting some of the things which are striking me today.
- From the Zondervan blog, they put up a great post by Dr. Michael E. Wittmer about embracing the cross. Take time to read this post and think about what he is saying. Try to ignore the fact that Zondervan publishes books stating the very thing that Wittmer is railing against in his post though. (I might suggest also that you check out Wittemer’s blog and read through his answers to Brian McLaren’s latest heresy book)
- If you are thinking about homeschooling (as my wife and I have been), then you should read this great post by the Renaissance Guy about the freedom that you do to have to teach your children from home.
- I really liked this poster from Apprising Ministries in response to Brian McLaren’s new book A New Kind of Christianity
- Mike Ratliff posted a very good post on Reproving the Works of Darkness. This is a very educational and rich discussion that if you take the time to read it, you will be better for it. Don’t miss this one.
- I’ve been doing study in the book of Hebrews lately in which the topic and problem of apathy in the church is addressed. Jeremiah Tatum’s post on Apathy was very good as well as needed for me.
That’s all for today. God bless you.